Saturday, January 12, 2013

Seduced in the Dark( The Dark duet #2)


Seduced in the Dark(The Dark Duet #2)  by C.J. Roberts

Book Name: Seduced in the Dark(The Dark Duet #2)

Author Name: C.J. Roberts

Genre: Bondage Lit. , Adult Content( Recommended to 18 years and above)

Publisher: Neurotica Books

My Rating: 5 stars

BOOK TWO OF THE DARK DUET
The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.What is the price of redemption?
Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.
The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.
Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance? 
Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

Quote: 
It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.



                          My Review



5/5 6/5 10/5 100/5 1000/5...huh! Nope, I don't think there is a number big enough to rate this book, and honestly, just even trying to bound this book on a mere number is total injustice!

This is a dark book...dark, dark book- but a damn good one. Its sexy and disturbing, but mostly, its exhausting. I never thought possible that one can feel so aroused, so scared, so loved, so humiliated all at the same time. I had never felt so emotionally drained reading a book- and a person can take only so much at a stretch. So I had to take a lot too many breaks but finally I have come around and finished it.

Seduced in the dark started off where Captive in the dark left off. Caleb had just told kitten her fate to be sold off as a pleasure slave. Livvie is shocked but Caleb is too confused over his feelings for her. He cares for her but his loyalty to Rafiq runs too deep to do the right thing. But finally he comes around and make amends.

C.J. Roberts has painted a very tragic love story. The book starts of with Livvie in the FBI custody after her successful escape attempt(ofcourse with Caleb's help). But the shock comes when she tells everyone that Caleb died in her arms in trying to rescue her. Her grief is palpable.

"Thinking about Caleb hurts, but trying to move beyond my love for him, hurts more. There's no getting past the pain. There is only a different brand of pain available for my eager consumption.” 

“I"ve heard it said, time heals all wounds, but if a dream can pull you so deeply into your past you can't remember the present, I'm not sure my wounds will ever heal. Caleb lives in my dreams.” 
I shut my eyes tightly, willing myself to go back to sleep. I want to go back to my dream, back to Caleb. I can't fucking breathe ! I can't breathe without him. I don't want to.”


The FBI agents are frantic to know about the auction so that they could intervene. agent Reed comes off as a strong character here. Livvie starts narrating her story to him. From here the book goes into flashback mode. As Caleb and his Kitten's story unfolds, the author takes us on a heart-wrenching journey of pain and pleasure, love and hatred, loyalty and betrayal.

Once Caleb realizes he's in love with Livvie (“Mine.The word was a declaration. It rocked him to his very foundation. It was a truth he’d kept hidden for far too long. Caleb didn’t know anything about love, or loving anyone, but he knew… Livvie was his.” ), he knows he has to let her go, not just from the slavery but also from him.. Totally believing he is the monster and monster's can't love, he decides to free her and never go back into her life.

“Kitten,” he said, “monsters can’t love.” He swiped at his eyes, “Now, get out of the truck. Walk toward the border, and don’t ever look back.”

His arms gently guided me back, and when our eyes met, I finally saw the emotions he tried so hard to keep hidden, and the resolve with which he said, “Live for me, Kitten. Be all those things you’d never be with me. Go to school. Meet a normal boy and fall in love. Forget me. It’s time for you to go, Kitten. Time for us both, to go.”


Livvie doesn't want to go but finally obeys.

“I love you, Caleb. I love you! If you care for me at all…please, don’t do this! Please, don’t leave me. I don’t know how to live without you. Don’t make me go back to trying to be someone I don’t know how to be anymore.”

My heart sank, but I knew I had lost the argument and there was no stopping this goodbye. I wanted to kiss him then, just one last kiss to remember him by, but I knew kissing him would only be torture. I wanted to remember our last kiss as being one of passion and connection, not one of sadness and regret.

As I walked, I could feel his eyes on me, the way I could always feel his eyes on me. Tears ran down my face unabashed, but I didn’t move to wipe them away. I had earned those tears, and I would wear them as a symbol of everything I had been through. They represented all the pain I had suffered, the love I felt, and the ocean of loss sweeping through my soul. I had finally learned to obey and never looked back.


Oh, no don't be so sad. Of course there is a happy ending!. But no,I won't tell you. You have to read and find out for yourself. It is a book I can never forget. It shook me to my very core. Never read a story like that. Never! And trust me I have read many, and that's saying a lot as some of them were really great ones



Buy this book at:

Amazon.com
Smashwords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment