Sunday, March 3, 2013

Falling for Lawyer by Anna Clifton



Falling for Lawyer by Anna Clifton

Book Name: Falling for Lawyer

Author Name: Anna Clifton

Genre/Tags: Romance, Lawyers, Contemporary  

Publisher: Harlequin Enterprises Australia

My Rating: 4 stars

Alex Farrer has just one resolution: don't get sacked by the new boss that day. Enter one knight to rescue her from a run‐in with a pile of mud. But will upending Alex's entire life be the next job on her knight's 'to‐do' list, whether she likes it or not?
Legal eagle JP McKenzie has just one resolution: never get involved with a woman who won't stand up for herself. That is until a muddy Alex Farrer lands in his life with a crushingly big mountain of family expectation in tow. So what else is a modern‐day knight to do?


                                                      My Review                      

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher for my blog.



I absolutely loved this book from start to finish. The story hooked me right from the first paragraph. I completed this book in one sitting and that’s a first for me.

Alex Farrer. She is a 24 year old, working as an assistant PA for a litigation firm. She is engaged to a childhood friend for 3 years. We see that that Alex is buried under the expectations of her family and fiancé who wants her to drop her law career and raise family.

JP McKenzie. He is a modern day knight in shining armour. A legal tycoon who arrives in Australia to join a law firm as its litigation partner. He’s hot, impatient and my-way-or-highway is his mantra in life.

The story starts with an encounter between Alex and JP on a sidewalk when he helps a mud covered Alex to find some clean clothes. The comedy factor comes in when she realises that JP is her new boss. The plot progresses from here on. There is a lot of sexual tension between the two of them and like every romance novel, as this one goes on, we see them falling for each other and the readers get a happy ending! I loved the ending of this book. It was sooo movie worthy.

There was so much emotional depth to this story which is an absolute must for me. I was able to sympathize with the character. I can tell you without a doubt that this book made me feel.

The writing was flawless, no grammatical or any other error that I could find. The plot was consistent and characterisation perfect. Even the cover of the book is awesome. So romantic!

This is author Anna Clifton’s first book and she has done a remarkable job. I can’t wait to read more books from her. I definitely recommend this book to everyone.

Buy this book at:



No comments:

Post a Comment